Sous Vide Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
You may have tried cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes, but cauliflower can be so much more. It's thick, silky texture creates a nutritious no-fat alfredo sauce.
The author of 5 cookbooks and the the blogger behind Healthy Slow Cooking. Kathy likes to show just how easy it is to make craft cocktails and healthy food.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 01:30
185F / 85C
- 4 cups (about 400 g) chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups (474 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (170 g) cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Anova Precision Cooker to 185ºF (85ºC).
- Add the cauliflower, water cashews, garlic, oregano, basil and rosemary to a plastic zip-seal bag and close. Put the bag into the sous vide and cook 1 1/2 hours. Pour contents into your blender.