Top Round Roast
This recipe is so easy and so delicious and will serve as many people as you can cram into your kitchen. Of course, the larger the roast the more people you can invite. The cook time is the same regardless of the thickness. Pro tip: The temperature sets the doneness and the time sets the tenderness. This is a tough cut of meat, so, more is better. 10 hours for me was so tender.
I come from a huge Italian family so, food is a big deal to us! Once I learned about the Sous Vide method, I’ve been going nuts with it. Food is love and perfectly cooked food is the loviest.
Prep Time: 00:00
Recipe Time: 10:00
132F / 55.6C
- Top Round Roast
- Salt and Pepper
- Any other spices you choose
- BE CREATIVE
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 132ºF / 55.6ºC
- Put your trimmed roast in a bag, add the spices and vacuum seal. Put it in the cooker and use a cover.
- Go to the salon, have your nails done, perhaps see a movie or write those “Thank-You notes” you’ve been putting off for so long. A small snack is perfectly all right during this time but come home hungry.
I use a stovetop, but, get creative!
- Remove the roast from the bag, blot dry, paint it on all sides with Mayonnaise (this gives the best and most beautiful sear that I’ve ever used), slice very thin and enjoy!