Sous Vide Vegan Sweet Potato Mash
Fall is here and it’s about to go down in the kitchen. I wanted something sweet, rich, and perfectly delicious, so I whipped up sous vide vegan sweet potato mash. For this recipe, we’re going for something a tad bit different, since we’re going for the not-so-savory route. We’re using peels sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons of vegan butter, coconut milk, cinnamon, and some sugar.
This recipe yields a mildly sweet sous vide sweet potato mash. However, feel free to add more sugar or to add more cinnamon - depending on what you’re going for here.
I am a plant-based, vegetarian food lover who loves the challenge of cooking them up in a way that's delicious, affordable, and easy.
Prep Time: 00:00
Recipe Time: 02:00
185F / 85C
- 2lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 185ºF / 85.0ºC
- Rinse and peel the potatoes. Cut into small, ⅛ thick inch cubes.
- Combine the potatoes, butter, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar into a large freezer grade or reusable silicone bag.
Massage well and distribute the ingredients throughout.
Place bag into water bath and remove the using the immersion method. Cook for 2 hours until tender. How long you cook this depends on thick they are and if they are in multiple layers.
- Pour all of the contents from the bag into a large bowl. Smash until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and additional cinnamon (optional) and stir well.