Sous Vide Vegan Carrot-Curry Soup
This Carrot-Curry Soup, made with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker, may be vegan but that doesnâ
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 01:45
190F / 87.8C
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced into 3-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chili paste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 190ºF (87ºC).
- Combine all ingredients in a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique and place in the water bath. Set the timer for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Discard the lemongrass pieces. Transfer entire contents of the bag to a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Add additional coconut milk or water to reach desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.