Sous Vide Turkey Roulade with Chimichurri
Making the world delicious
Food Expert & Creator
Chef to Executives George Weston ltd.
Supermom to boys
Prep Time: 00:00
Recipe Time: 03:00
150F / 65.6C
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed and halved
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 boneless, skin-on turkey breasts (about .335kg each)
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 150ºF / 65.6ºC
- Tear the parsley and cilantro and add it to a food processor along with the jalapeno, shallot and garlic. Pulse, using the multi-purpose blade until everything is well combined. Add in the canola oil, olive oil and salt and puree until you have a thick herby sauce. Pour into a container and chill until ready to use.
- Lay two pieces of plastic wrap, overlapping on the work surface and lay both turkey breasts, breast side down on the plastic. Cover the turkey with two more pieces of plastic wrap.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the turkey so that you have an even thickness of meat. When they are almost at ¼”) thickness, take the top sheet of plastic off and move one turkey breast so it’s slightly overlapping the other. Replace the top sheet of plastic and finish pounding.
- Remove the top layer of plastic and add ½ cup of the chimichurri paste. Use an off-set spatula (or back of a large spoon) to spread the chimichurri in an even layer, over the top of the turkey.
- Use the bottom piece of plastic to help roll the turkey (from the longer side) into a tight log (jelly roll style). Be sure not to get any plastic caught up inside the roll. Once the roll is complete, twist the ends of the plastic wrap, like a candy wrapper, to secure.
- Slide the roll into the bottom of a x-large, zipper lock style bag, remove as much air as possible and seal. Set in the fridge for 30min.
- Secure the Anova precision sous-vide to the side of a large pot. Once the water is at temperature, lower the turkey, in the bag, into the water. Ensure the entire turkey is well submerged. Sous vide for 3 hours.
- Once the time is up, remove turkey from the water and from the bag. Remove the plastic wrap and slice into ½” slices.
- Serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce.