Sous Vide Tomahawk Steak
38oz Tomahawk Ribeye is an imposing cut of meat. By cooking this cut longer than you normally would for a thinner ribeye, one is capable of getting the fat to render appropriately. That's very important to remember when cooking with larger and thicker cuts. Conversely, this cut is still delicate and should not be cooked much longer than the time prescribed herein. Also, since this cut is so thick it's important to sear all the sides as best as possible. Whether that be on cast iron, grill, chimney, etc... Once you've done that you have your work cut out for you finishing it. I suggest a buddy system to knock this one out. Also, some say that all a good steak need is salt and pepper. I say use whatever you want. It's your steak, you earned it, do whatever tastes good to you!
Prep Time: 00:00
Recipe Time: 04:00
131F / 55C
- 2.5-3lb Tomahawk Ribeye
- 1 Tbs. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 131ºF / 55.0ºC
- Season steak with your desired rub on ALL sides.
- Place steak into a vaccum bag and seal.
- Place sealed bag into preheated water.
- Remove bag from heated water.
- Remove steak from the vaccum sealed bag; reserve and use it you like.
- Blot steak dry with paper towels until dry.
- Add 1 Tbs. of avocado oil to cast iron pan set over high heat (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add 1 Tbs of unsalted butter once melted add steak.
- Put steak on cast irion pan for 60 seconds a side.
- Sear the edges of the ribeye for 15-30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes and serve.