Sous Vide Thai Shrimp Curry
Thai is a pretty perfect cuisine. It blissfully combines carbs, protein, heat and sweetness in nearly every dish. This Sous Vide Thai Shrimp Curry is no exception — and with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker, this easy Southeast Asian-inspired dinner is ready to eat in less than an hour.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are Feed Me Creative — a culinary content studio in Kansas City's historic West Bottoms that specializes in recipe development, food styling, and photography. (We're also really good eaters!)
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
135F / 57.2C
- 1 pound medium or large tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed basmati rice, for serving
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135ºF (57ºC).
- Combine the shrimp, coconut milk, red chili paste, canola oil, lime zest, lime juice, lemongrass, ginger, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique and place in the water bath. Set the timer for 30 minutes, or up to 45 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer the contents of the bag to a serving bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with rice and cilantro.