Sous Vide Strawberry-Basil Maple Syrup
This sous vide strawberry-basil maple syrup screams summer. Use it to top pancakes or waffles — or, you know, you might just want to eat it with a spoon... and that’s okay, too!
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 01:00
135F / 57.2C
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 8 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135°F (57°C).
- Combine all ingredients in a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique and place in the water bath. Set the timer for 1 hour.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the basil and let cool. Transfer syrup to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.