Sous Vide Soy Garlic Tri-Tip Steak
Nail that edge-to-edge perfection on your steak every time with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. #anovafoodnerd Randy Fung brings a new twist on a classic beef dish, introducing a savory soy and garlic flavor infused into the steak.
Aspiring Maven, Foodie, and Shutterbug |
I've always had a great love for food and am fortunate to live in the San Francisco Bay Area, home to some of the most diverse and tastiest food in the country. With my Anova, I've brought that love home and am not only sharing great food discoveries, but creating my very own too.
It's transformed this mediocre, too busy with work, occasional cook into someone confident enough to share dishes at family events. Proud to be an #anovafoodnerd. Thank you Anova!
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 02:00
129.2F / 54C
- 1.5-2 lb Tri-tip steak/roast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, pre-roasted, crushed
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 129.2°F / 54°C
- Generously season both sides of the tri-tip with salt and pepper. Place the tri-tip in a zipper lock bag. Add the soy sauce. Crush the garlic gloves and add whole to the Ziplock bag.
- Add the zipper lock bag to the water bath using the water immersion method to remove all air. Sous vide for 2 hours.
- Remove and dry tri-tip thoroughly. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over or high heat, or prepare torch. Sear steak until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Slice and serve alone or with your favorite sauce, like chimichurri.