Sous Vide + Smoked Turkey Breast
Perfectly juicy, wicked tender, with just a kiss of smoke. Have this turkey on the table in less than an hour come Thanksgiving day, and wow guests with the best turkey ever.
Cole Wagoner developed a deep appreciation and high expectations for the quality of food during his years living in Portland, a city with some serious food game. When Cole met the girl of his dreams, he followed her across the country from his beloved home state of Oregon, to a small town in Alabama. The only thing missing seemed to be the glorious abundance of grub he’d previously enjoyed, which took a bit more of a drive to find in his new neck of the woods. So began Cole’s journey for the perfect kitchen tool companion to help him recreate food experiences from the comfort of his home, while snapping epic food photos along the way, and that journey has ultimately landed him in the Anova Kitchen
Prep Time: 12:00
Recipe Time: 06:00
- Tender and juicy
- 150F / 65.6C
- Very supple and juicy
- 140F / 60C
- 1 boneless turkey breast, 3-5 pounds
- 1 oz kosher or sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme, rosemary, and sage
- Season turkey with salt. Place in vacuum bag or resealable ziplock bag. Refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days if needed.
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to desired temp from drop down menu options.
- Place turkey in water bath and sous vide for 6 hours.
- Remove bag of turkey and place in an ice bath for 30-60 minutes. From here, you can store in fridge for up to 5 days prior to finishing and serving. If serving immediately, proceed to next step.
- Remove turkey from bag, remove herbs from skin. Season with black pepper. Do not add additional salt until serving, to taste.
- Heat smoker or grill to 400°F / 205°C.
- Place turkey on smoker and smoke for approx 1 hour - until turkey comes back to original sous vide cook temp.
- Immediately slice and serve!