Sous Vide Skirt Steak
When not prepared correctly, skirt steak can be chewy. With the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker itâ
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are Feed Me Creative — a culinary content studio in Kansas City's historic West Bottoms that specializes in recipe development, food styling, and photography. (We're also really good eaters!)
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 08:00
132F / 55.6C
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) skirt steak, cut into two pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 132ºF (55ºC).
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and place each in its own medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bags using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place the bags in the water bath and set the timer for 8 hours, or up to 10 hours.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bags from the water bath. Remove the steaks from the bags and pat very dry with paper towels. Rub with olive oil.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the steaks and sear until well-browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes, and serve.