Sous Vide Sirloin Steak with Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Picture perfect steak, and ready in an hour! Pair it with a buttery smashed potato side for an updated twist on meat and potatoes.
Cole Wagoner developed a deep appreciation and high expectations for the quality of food during his years living in Portland, a city with some serious food game. When Cole met the girl of his dreams, he followed her across the country from his beloved home state of Oregon, to a small town in Alabama. The only thing missing seemed to be the glorious abundance of grub he’d previously enjoyed, which took a bit more of a drive to find in his new neck of the woods. So began Cole’s journey for the perfect kitchen tool companion to help him recreate food experiences from the comfort of his home, while snapping epic food photos along the way, and that journey has ultimately landed him in the Anova Kitchen
Prep Time: 00:20
Recipe Time: 01:00
129F / 53.9C
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 2 pounds of baby yukon potatoes, or regular, cubed into quarters
- ¼ cup of your favorite steak seasoning, or salt and pepper.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Canola or vegetable oil for searing
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 129°F / 53.9°C
- Season steaks with preferred seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Seal steaks in resealable ziplock bag or vacuum bag. Place in water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Place potatoes in boiling water and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Strain potatoes and add to large mixing bowl. Add butter and using a masher, or the back of a wooden spoon, smash potatoes and mix until combined, but chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove steaks from bags and pat dry. Re-season if necessary.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high eat, add oil, and sear steak for 1 minute on each side.
- Serve with smashed potatoes alongside steak and enjoy!