Sous Vide Short Rib with Pearl Onions, Carrots, and Potatoes
This isn't your Grandma's pot roast recipe. Keep that beef a juicy medium-rare and get the tenderness we all know and love with a 24-hour sous vide cook.
Cole Wagoner developed a deep appreciation and high expectations for the quality of food during his years living in Portland, a city with some serious food game. When Cole met the girl of his dreams, he followed her across the country from his beloved home state of Oregon, to a small town in Alabama. The only thing missing seemed to be the glorious abundance of grub he’d previously enjoyed, which took a bit more of a drive to find in his new neck of the woods. So began Cole’s journey for the perfect kitchen tool companion to help him recreate food experiences from the comfort of his home, while snapping epic food photos along the way, and that journey has ultimately landed him in the Anova Kitchen where he handles all things social media for Anova.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 24:00
135F / 57.2C
- 1 lb boneless short ribs
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 8 oz pearl onions
- 8 oz carrots, diced
- 1 lb mini yukon gold (or larger potatoes, cut into smaller chunks)
- 4 oz celery, diced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons GHEE/Clarified Butter
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135ºF / 57.2ºC
- Season boneless short ribs with salt and pepper. Place in resealable ziplock or vacuum bag.
- Place in water bath and sous vide for 24 hours
- Heat large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add 1/2 of the GHEE until shimmering. Saute carrots, onions, and celery until soft. Add beef stock and simmer until thickened and veggies are very tender, about 30 min
- Remove veggies and sauce and wipe out dutch oven. Heat over medium-high heat with remaining GHEE
- Remove beef from bag and pat dry. Sear on all sides, 2 minutes total. Plate with veggies and sauce and enjoy.