Sous Vide Short Rib Tacos
What's better than a taco? A taco with perfectly cooked, juicy short rib as the main attraction! Use this as a blank canvas for your favorite flavors, or follow #anovafoodnerd Bea Mendoza's advice and pair with some pico de gallo and kimchi for a perfect fusion of flavors.
Bea Mendoza is an #anovafoodnerd from Las Vegas who loves food, travel, and sous vide. As a nursing student, Bea admits that studying takes up the bulk of her time, and cooking at home can be difficult for her to fit into her routine. With Anova, it’s easy for her to get her work done and still enjoy quality, home-cooked meals. She sets up Anova, drops her food in the water bath, and has her dinner going in minutes, giving her time to dives into her studies while her food cooks.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 02:00
- 138F / 58.9C
- 2 pounds thinly cut short rib, approx 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 green onion stalks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sambal chili paste, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- Kimchi for topping
- Avocado, sliced
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 138°F / 58.9°C
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, green onion, chili paste, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil, and red pepper powder in a sauce pan. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Chill, and add to vacuum bag or resealable ziplock bag along with short ribs.
- Submerge and cook for 2 hours.
Oven Finishing Steps
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Add marinade from bag to sauce pan and reduce over medium heat until syrupy.
- Place short ribs on baking sheet, and broil for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Dice short ribs into 1/4 inch cubes and assemble tacos with tortillas, avocado, kimchi, and finish with sauce.