Sous Vide Shallot Confit
This Sous Vide Shallot Confit is savory, sweet, and perfect for serving with cheese or tossing with some pasta, olive oil, and herbs.
Serve and enjoy!
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are Feed Me Creative — a culinary content studio in Kansas City's historic West Bottoms that specializes in recipe development, food styling, and photography. (We're also really good eaters!)
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 02:00
190F / 87.8C
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 190°F (87°C).
- Combine all the ingredients in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer the confit to an air-tight storage container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.