Sous Vide Scallops
Recipe for Sous Vide Scallops
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 00:30
123.8F / 51C
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 pound), side muscle removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 123ºF (51ºC).
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Place in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag with olive oil. Make sure to keep the scallops in one single layer. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting.
- Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the scallops from the bag and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter stops foaming, add the scallops and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 40 seconds total. Transfer to a plate and serve.