Sous Vide Salmon with Romaine Dressing and Grilled Veggie Salad
This super-easy make ahead recipe will take dinner to the next level with minimal effort. In less than 30 minutes you can have a wicked-delicious salmon dish on the table that's perfectly cooked and mouth-watering.
Serving up some of Dallas/Fort Worth's best sous vide eats, Nick Roush is one of our favorite #anovafoodnerds! Constantly cranking out delicious food with the aid of Anova, and sharing his best recipes with all of us!
Prep Time: 01:00
Recipe Time: 00:25
- Medium rare - Soft and buttery
- 113F / 45C
- 2 salmon filets
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/4 of a sweet onion
- Pickled mustard seeds to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1.5 cups mint leaves
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 anchovy filets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Brine salmon. Combine water, salt, and sugar. Add salmon to brine, cover, and refrigerate for minimum of 5 hours, and up to 24 hours.
- Romaine dressing (can be made up to two days in advance)
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 154°F / 67.8°C and cook 2 eggs for 40 minutes. Shock in ice water, and peel.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and blanch romaine, basil, mint, and chives for 1 minute, and shock in ice water.
- Add eggs, romaine, basil, mint, chives, parmesan cheese, buttermilk, anchovy filets, and lemon juice to blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add olive oil during blending.
- Veggie Salad (to be served cold, can be made two days in advance)
- Coat zucchini, onion, and bell pepper with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and grill or roast until nice and browned.
- Let everything cool down. Dice onion, pepper. Slice zucchini into thin slices. Combine with pickled mustard seeds, salt and pepper, and refrigerate.
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 113°F / 45°C
- Bag up salmon, add olive oil. Cook for 25 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, assemble salad. Combine grilled veggie salad with 1/3 cup of dressing. Adjust as desired!
- Get a pan hot over medium-low heat, add butter until it starts to foam. Remove salmon from bag, and gently sear for about 45 seconds skin side down.
- Plate salad up, and add that delicious buttery salmon right on top. For an added flavor punch, drizzle the butter from the pan over the top, and devour!