Sous Vide Ruby Trout
Ruby trout is one of our favorite fish to prepare, and this is our simple sous vide take on trout almondine (or amandine, in French). Trout almondine is a pretty traditional dish, made modern with 30 minutes in the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
125F / 51.7C
- 1 (1-pound) whole fresh trout, deboned and head removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons raw sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 125°F (51°C).
- Season the inside of the trout with salt and pepper and place in a zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the trout from the bag and pat dry. Discard any cooking liquid.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter stops foaming, add the almonds. Cook, stirring frequently until butter is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the parsley. Pour the sauce over the trout. Serve.