Sous Vide Poached Chicken with Spring Vegetable Salad
This super simple sous vide poached chicken is a delight when tossed with an abundance of savory greens, aromatics and a hint of radish zeal. This naturally gluten-free meal is simple, pretty and delicious.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 01:00
145F / 62.8C
- 2 pounds (906 mL) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup (237 mL) thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup (237 mL) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup (237 mL) asparagus tips, blanched
- 1 cup (237 mL) pea shoots
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 145°F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and seal in a plastic zip or vacuum bag and cook for one hour.
- Remove the chicken, pat dry, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, shallot, olive oil, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice chicken and toss with radishes, peas, asparagus, pea shoots, and dressing.