Sous Vide Pickled Curry Mango
This pickled and curried mango is a fantastic side or garnish for your favorite Indian fish. As it is a delectable flavor, we recommend this to be eaten alongside a larger meal - though you might find yourself snacking on it, too.
Refrigerate in an air-tight jar or container for up to one month.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are Feed Me Creative — a culinary content studio in Kansas City's historic West Bottoms that specializes in recipe development, food styling, and photography. (We're also really good eaters!)
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 00:45
180F / 82.2C
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ultrafine sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F (82°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, cumin, cardamom, coriander, curry powder, and red chile flakes. Transfer to a large zipper lock bag and add the mangos and onion. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique.
- Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer to an ice bath and let cool to room temperature. Serve.