Sous Vide One Bag Chicken Curry
This is Indian food made easy! This sous vide one bag chicken curry takes all the waiting and simmering out of the process and leaves you with perfectly cooked chicken with a smooth and spicy sauce.
Add in some rice and you've got a flavorsome meal in under 2 hours.
A self-described traveler, drinker, eater, writer, photographer, and adventurer, Zach knows when good food is on the horizon he'll turn to his Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to ensure it's perfectly done time after time.
Prep Time: 01:15
Recipe Time: 01:00
150F / 65.6C
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 thumb of fresh Ginger
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 tablespoon each Garam Masala, Turmeric, and Smoke Paprika
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup of high fat Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons Ghee (you can use butter or olive oil too)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- Fresh Scallion and Cilantro
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 150°F / 65.5°C
- Grate Yellow Onion and Ginger thumb then mince the garlic.
- Chop the Chicken Breast into 1-inch cubes then mix in a bowl with yogurt, half of the spices, 1 clove of minced garlic, half the juice of a lime, salt, and pepper.
Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Heat a large saucepan on high heat and melt the ghee or butter.
Sear off the chicken in batches. This should take no longer than 60 seconds to get a nice sear on all sides.
Set chicken aside.
- Turn down the heat and add in the Yellow Onion and rest of the garlic. Add the Chicken Broth and collect the fond on the bottom of the pan into the onion and garlic.
Once the broth is almost cooked off, add the rest of the Spices and combine with the onion and garlic base until a new fond starts to form.
- Add Tomato Sauce and bring all the fond up from the bottom of the pan. Then add the Coconut Milk and stir until well blended.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine the seared Chicken and Sauce in a 1-gallon bag. Seal and place the bag in the water bath. Set the timer for 1 hour.
- Cook rice while the chicken curry cooks in your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath and pour the contents into a serving bowl. Serve the Chicken Curry with Rice and garnish with Red Scallion, a Lime Wedge, and fresh Cilantro leaves.