Sous Vide NY Strip Steak with Brown Sugar & Honey Glazed Carrots
A flavor-packed meal that presents a balance of sweet vegetables and savory protein.
My mom said it best, "Buying you an Anova Sous Vide and watching you learn to cook warms my heart!! Especially since less than two years ago you were making Hamburger Helper™ for almost every meal."
Prep Time: 00:20
Recipe Time: 04:00
132F / 55.6C
- 1 NY Strip steak, 1-2
- 1 Tablespoon Montana Mex Picante Seasoned Salt
- 8 oz. Baby Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Sea Salt/Ground Pepper to taste
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 132ºF / 55.6ºC
- Season steak liberally with Montana Mex Picante Seasoned Salt. Place steak in a resealable Ziplock or vacuum sealed bag.
- Place steak in 132* water, allow to cook for up 4 hours. (minimum cook time of 45 minutes)
Finishing Steps - Baby Carrots (Non-stick pan on Stovetop)
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add the baby carrots. Sauté 5-8 min until tender. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey to the pan (and more butter if necessary). Continue to sauté until carrots have a slightly burnt look. Remove and plate.
Finishing Steps - Stovetop
- When your Sous Vide cooking timer goes off, remove the steak from bag and carefully dry the surface of steak. Feel free to add some light sea salt and ground pepper but this is not required or necessary.
- Clean your non-stick pan to use for searing. Cast iron works well too!
- Using your culinary torch, sear each side of the steak for 1-2 minutes and to crisp the meat and add some texture/flavor.
- Remove the steak from the pan/cast iron, trim any unwanted fat and slice. Plate the steak next to your carrots and enjoy!!