Sous Vide Mezcal Cream
Mezcal is a Mexican liquor that tastes like a smoky tequila. The production process for mezcal is different from tequila — which leads to a very different flavor profile for mezcal. If you like the distinct flavor of mezcal (we love it!), you’ll love the surprisingly smoky flavor in this sweet sous vide cream. We recommend serving it with fresh blackberries, ricotta donuts, or straight from the spoon.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are Feed Me Creative — a culinary content studio in Kansas City's historic West Bottoms that specializes in recipe development, food styling, and photography. (We're also really good eaters!)
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
180F / 82.2C
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mezcal
- 1/2 cup ultrafine sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F.
- In a blender or food processor, puree all ingredients until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique and place in the water bath. Set the timer for 30 minutes. Several times throughout the cooking process, agitate the bag to prevent clumps from forming.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer to an ice bath to cool.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.