Sous Vide Medium-Rare Chuck Roast
Turn cheap cuts into magical meals with your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. This wicked-delicious recipe from #anovafoodnerd Vincent Meli turns traditionally-tough chuck roast into a delicious meal resembling the most expensive steak!
Hailing from New Jersey, Vincent is one of our favorite #anovafoodnerds. You can catch him on Instagram @theironspork, where he's constantly cranking out delicious, perfectly cooked food. He's got a mad set of sous vide skills, and uses Anova to ensure his food is done just how he and his friends like it, every time.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 29:00
135F / 57.2C
- 1 boneless chuck roast, 3-4 pounds.
- Seasoning salt
- Kosher salt
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135°F / 57.2°C
- Optional step: The night before cooking, season roast with seasoning salt and rest in the refrigerator overnight, uncovered.
- Place roast in a resealable ziplock bag or vacuum bag.
- Place in water bath and sous vide for 29 hours. NOTE: Anywhere from 24-36 hours will produce a wonderful result!
- Preheat heavy-bottomed pan or griddle over high heat.
- Remove roast from bag, dry the surface thoroughly, and let it rest on the counter or refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to chill meat a bit before searing.
- Sear roast for one minuter per side.
- Slice up and enjoy juicy, tender, and perfectly-cooked chuck roast!