Sous Vide Lobster Rolls
Tough, rubbery lobster is no more! The Anova cooks it perfectly every time, resulting in succulent and juicy lobster. Use this recipe as a guide for traditional lobster tail, or follow along step-by-step for out of this world lobster rolls!
I'm an obligate carnivore, my favorite things are cooking, my Anova's, my husband and a low carb ketogenic lifestyle!
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:25
- Traditional texture, firm, and juicy
- 140F / 60C
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 TBSP of mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ of a lemon (or 2 tsp of lemon juice)
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 140°F / 60°C.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Cut the lobster tails down the center of the top of the shell. When water has boiled immerse the lobster tails in it for 90 seconds.
- Remove from hot water and soak in cold water for 5 minutes. This will make the tails easy to remove from the shell.
- Crack the shells open and remove tails from shell. Place the tails and the butter in preferred bag
- Place in the water bath and cook for 25 minutes @ 140F
Assemble and enjoy
- Remove tails from water bath, remove from bag, pat dry with paper towel and place in a small bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until tails are cool.
- Chop tails into small pieces and mix in mayonnaise, salt pepper, green onion and squeeze in lemon juice.
- Serve on your choice of lightly toasted, buttered bun.