Sous Vide Key Lime Pie
Okay, this recipe is technically really only for a key lime pie filling — the crust and whipped topping are store bought (unless you want to get crazy and make those yourself, but you’re on your own for that). For the filling, you’re ultimately just making a deliciously sweet and tart key lime curd in the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 00:30
180F / 82.2C
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 6 large egg yolks
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 baked graham cracker crust
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F (82°C).
- Place sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, egg yolks, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a zipper lock bag and seal using the water immersion technique. Place in the water bath and set the timer for 30 minutes. Agitate the bag several times throughout the cooking process to prevent clumps from forming.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath and transfer to an ice bath to cool. After the mixture has cooled, pour into the crust.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with lime zest, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.