Sous Vide Hibiscus Grenadine
Get ready to make the best cocktails and sodas of your life!
Using your Anova Precision cooker to steep the berries (without mushing them) imparts an intense berry flavor into the syrup. It'll pop with raspberry and pomegranate in ways you didn't know was possible.
Homemade bar syrups allow you control over the product you're putting into your drinks. There are no additives hiding anywhere and you know exactly how much sugar is really in there.
This Grenadine adds the dimension of Mexican Hibiscus which gives it an earthy undertone.
Hibiscus Grenadine will be a hit with at your next party whether you're mixing cocktails or homemade sodas.
A self-described traveler, drinker, eater, writer, photographer, and adventurer, Zach knows when good food is on the horizon he'll turn to his Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to ensure it's perfectly done time after time.
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 02:00
125F / 51.7C
- 250g/9 ounces of fresh Raspberries
- 1 Pomegranate
- 250g/9 ounces of dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 1/2 Lemon
- 400g/14 ounces fine Sugar
- 0.5l/16.9 ounces Water
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 125F/51.5C.
- Combine Water and Sugar in a pan and bring to a boil until sugar completely dissolves.
- Turn off heat and add Hibiscus Flowers, let steep and cool for 20 minutes.
- Rinse berries and gently add them to the cooled syrup. Be careful not to bruise or break up the berries.
Also, add the strained juice from half a lemon.
- Place the syrup into a 3l/1 gallon bag. Use the water-immersion method to remove excess air.
- Place the bag in the water bath and cook for two hours.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and place in an ice bath. You want to bring the syrup to room temperature.
- Set up a straining station while the Grenadine is cooling. Strain the berries and Hibiscus flowers then strain again through a cloth tea strainer or coffee filter. This will take out any tiny particles that might cloud the syrup or mold later in its life.
- Bottle the Grenadine in .5l/16.9 ounce bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.