Sous Vide Grilled Artichokes
If you, like us, love artichoke hearts but don’t really love them from the can, try preparing your own with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. These get a quick finish on the grill and are absolute perfection.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 02:00
180F / 82.2C
- 4 whole artichokes, trimmed and cut in half
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F (82.2°C).
- Place one tablespoon of butter and one garlic clove in the center of each artichoke half. Season with lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Place artichokes in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the dry setting. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- About 20 minutes before the artichokes are finished, heat a grill to high.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the artichokes from the bag, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Discard cooking liquid.
- Grill artichokes over high heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.