Sous Vide Fried Chicken
Before 2017 I had probably only made fried chicken three times in my life. That’s because I would burn the crust before the meat was cooked through and it’s messy. Since I’ve had the Anova, I’ve made fried chicken 4 times and each time it’s come out cooked perfectly. The chicken is cooked through and the crust is crispy and golden brown. Thank You Anova!
You can use whatever spices you prefer to use in the flour batter and you can’t overcook the chicken. The sky is the limit when you learn how to use the sous vide method.
Managing editor of bakerbecky.com, Becky does way more than bake! She uses her Anova to whip up top-notch meals night after night with ease.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 02:00
- Tender and juicy
- 155F / 68.3C
- 6 pieces of chicken, legs or thighs
- 5 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 155°F / 68.3°C
- Place chicken in resealable freezer bag or vacuum bag and seal.
- Place in water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- When the cook time for the chicken is coming to an end, pour the vegetable oil into a heavy bottomed pan. Bring the heat up to 350°F / 176°C
- Get two dishes out that are large and flat enough to dredge the chicken pieces in. In one of the dishes add the eggs then beat slightly. In the other dish add, then mix up all the dry ingredients.
- Remove the chicken from the bags then pat it dry with a paper towel. Dredge the chicken pieces (one at a time) through the egg mixture, then the flour mixture.
- After the oil has reached the desired temp of 350°F / 176°C, carefully lower each piece of chicken into hot oil. Using tongs turn the pieces after a few minutes (when the flour is a nice, golden brown) so that all sides of the chicken have been cooked. Remove from the oil, set on paper towel. Pat off all the oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt prior to serving.
- Dive into the juiciest and most perfectly cooked chicken ever!