Sous Vide Flourless Chocolate Cake
Fudgey, moist, and rich! This flourless chocolate is lacking in gluten, but packs some serious flavor, and the precision of Anova makes sure it's perfect every time.
I'm an obligate carnivore, my favorite things are cooking, my Anova's, my husband and a low carb ketogenic lifestyle!
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 01:00
170F / 76.7C
- 4 large eggs, cold
- ½ pound semisweet chocolate (chips or squares, chopped) bittersweet may also be used
- 4 ounces butter
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 1/8 cup coffee liqueur or orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa for dusting the cakes
- Prepare your water bath, set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 115°F / 46.1°C. Place chocolate, butter and coffee or liqueur if using, in a ziplock freezer bag and place in the water bath for 15 minutes to melt chocolate. Agitate or massage the bag every 5 minutes to ensure the mixture is well blended.
- Remove the bag and set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 170°F / 76.7°C.
- Prepare six 4oz (125ml) mason jars by spraying the inside liberally with non stick spray or grease with butter.
- Beat the eggs in the bowl of a standing mixer at high speed until the volume doubles.
- Turn the mixer on low, cut the corner off the freezer bag and drizzle the melted chocolate mixture in slowly until the mixture is totally homogeneous.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared canning jars and smooth the surface by tapping the jar firmly but gently on the palm of your hand.
- Screw the canning jar lids on FINGER TIGHT ONLY. Place jars carefully into your water bath for 60 minutes.
- Remove jars carefully from the hot water bath and set on a wire rack; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. (The cakes can be covered and refrigerated for up to 10 days.) If you peek you may find the cake looks not quite set while it is warm, it will firm up as it cools.
- About 30 minutes before serving, run a thin knife around the edge of the cakes (they may just slip out of the cup on their own.) You may garnish with berries, cream, or sieve a light sprinkling of unsweetened cocoa over the cake to decorate.