Sous Vide Cod with Detox Salad
This quick and easy sous vide cod is also super healthy, as it’s served with what we like to call a “detox salad.” Enjoy as a kickstart to your week!
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are Feed Me Creative — a culinary content studio in Kansas City's historic West Bottoms that specializes in recipe development, food styling, and photography. (We're also really good eaters!)
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
130F / 54.4C
- 2 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced broccoli
- 1 cup minced cauliflower
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 130°F (54.4°C).
- Season the cod with salt and pepper. Place in a medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the cod is finished, prepare the salad: Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, mint, parsley, chives, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the fish from the bag and pat dry. Serve with the salad.