Sous Vide One Bottle Classic and Creamy Eggnog
It's the time of year for a great eggnog to sip while you deck those halls. Cooking up a batch of eggnog using your Anova Precision Cooker is one of the easiest and best ways to make the wintry drink. The ability to hold a perfect temperature means you can safely pasteurize the eggs while drawing the deepest elements of the spices out. It'll be creamy, lush, and delectably spicy.
A self-described traveler, drinker, eater, writer, photographer, and adventurer, Zach knows when good food is on the horizon he'll turn to his Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to ensure it's perfectly done time after time.
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 01:00
140F / 60C
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup/75.6 grams Ultra Fine Sugar
- 1 large pinch Ground Allspice
- 1 large pinch Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups/0.5 liter Heavy Cream (32%)
- 2 cups/0.5 liter Whole Milk
- 1 bar spoon Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 bar spoon Vanilla Aroma
- Set your Anova Precision Cooker to 140F/60C.
- Add eggs, yolks, and sugar to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until well blended, but not frothy.
- Decant mixture into a 1-liter/ 1-quart bottle with a funnel.
- Seal the lid on the bottle and place in the water bath. Set timer for one hour.
Chill and Serve
- When the timer goes off, place the bottle in an ice bath or the fridge to cool completely depending on how quickly you want to drink it!
- Once chilled, add a little bourbon, rum, or brandy to the bottom of a rocks glass and fill with the 'nog. Stir and garnish with freshly ground nutmeg.