Sous Vide Chorizo-Stuffed Chicken Breast
This impressive sous vide chorizo-stuffed chicken breast, made with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker, is a great dish to serve at your next dinner party. The perfectly-cooked chicken is spiced up with chorizo sausage, Manchego cheese, and fresh thyme. We serve it over white rice.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:20
Recipe Time: 01:00
145F / 62.8C
- 2 (6-ounce ) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cooked chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons grated Manchego cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 145°F (62°C).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place each breast on its own piece of plastic wrap. Place half the sausage, cheese, and thyme on the center of each breast.
- Fold the breast over the filling. Wrap tightly with the plastic wrap and mold the chicken into a uniform cylinder. Tie off both ends with butcher's twine.
- Place the chicken cylinders in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 1 hour.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the chicken from the bag and remove the plastic wrap. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and sear until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, slice, and serve.