Sous Vide Chocolate Pot De Creme
Traditionally cooked custards can be tricky. Overcooked and the eggs curdle, undercooked and they're still liquid. Anova makes easy work of these finicky desserts by keeping the temperature constant and precise, and the result is a creamy, smooth, and delicious dessert.
Erika snagged her first Anova when she was in college, and she wasn't your typical college student, she needed REAL food and not just packaged ramen and take-out. The Anova was a natural decision, and she's been rolling out ridiculous tasting, and looking, sous vide meals ever since.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 01:30
162F / 72.2C
- 2 bars (180 grams/6.3 oz) Green & Black's Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate (or your choice of 70% cacao dark chocolate)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 7 egg yolks (from large eggs)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 162°F / 72.2°C
- In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream and dark chocolate. Heat over medium heat until the chocolate is mostly melted, then whisk until very well combined and fully melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Separate egg yolks and place into a large bowl or container. Add sugar and salt to the egg yolks and whisk together.
- Add egg yolk mixture to chocolate cream mixture and whisk until very well incorporated. Ladle the mixture into jars (will make about 5 (8 oz) portions)
- Carefully lower the jars into the bath with tongs or a spoon and cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Serve topped with whipped cream and berries (optional but makes it better).