Sous Vide Chili Agave Liqueur
If you fancy yourself a craft cocktail connoisseur, you’ll want to have this sous vide chili agave liqueur in your home bar. It's smoky, a little sweet, and just a tickle spicy. With its surprising flavor, it’s the perfect mixer for lemon or other sour cocktails.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 00:45
180F / 82.2C
- 2 cups vodka
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- 3 dried Guajillo chili peppers
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 fresno pepper, sliced in half and seeded
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon smoked black peppercorns
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F (82°C).
- Combine all ingredients in a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer to an ice bath and let cool completely. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into an air-tight glass container. Store for up to 3 months.