Sous Vide Chicken Katsu Sandwich
Feast on these little sandwiches from heaven. The sous vide cook with the Anova Precision Cooker gets the chicken juicier than ever, and then they are battered up with a Japanese-style coating and flash fried to a golden crunch in just a minute or two!
Erika snagged her first Anova when she was in college, and she wasn't your typical college student, she needed REAL food and not just packaged ramen and take-out. The Anova was a natural decision, and she's been rolling out ridiculous tasting, and looking, sous vide meals ever since. Find her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/foodandfrenchies
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 02:00
155F / 68.3C
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Peanut oil for frying
- Kings Hawaiian style soft buns
- 3 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Louisiana Style hot sauce plus 2 tablespoons
- Shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped bread and butter pickles
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 155ºF / 68.3ºC
- Add 1% salt by weight (1g of salt for every 100g of chicken) to chicken. Place in resealable ziplock bag or vacuum bag.
- Place chicken in water bath and sous vide for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag. Pat dry and set aside
- Add flour, cayenne, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and Panko to bowl, and eggs and 1/4 cup hot sauce to another.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, shaking off excess, and then coat with Panko.
- Heat 1/2" of oil in a hot pan to 400°F / 205°C. Carefully place chicken thighs in pan and shallow fry until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- To make sauce: add mayo, pickles, and 2 tablespoons hot sauce. Combine.
- Assemble sandwiches with lettuce, sauce, and chicken!