Sous Vide Cauliflower Steaks
The cool thing about cauliflower steaks using the sous vide cooking method is that it’s a no-fuss way to getting them to the perfect core temperature. If you have ever cooked any vegetables, they can easily be undercooked or overcooked - yielding something different every time. With sous vide, I am able to get the perfect texture and internal temperature I am looking for. This recipe is for one cauliflower steak. If you’re cooking multiple cauliflower steaks, have them lay side-by-side, rather than stacked on top. Additionally, adjust the ingredients accordingly. Note, this recipe is vegan, dairy-free, and delicious. Bonus tip: these cauliflower steaks topped with mushroom gravy takes it to another level!
I am a plant-based, vegetarian food lover who loves the challenge of cooking them up in a way that's delicious, affordable, and easy.
Prep Time: 00:00
Recipe Time: 01:00
185F / 85C
- 1 head cauliflower
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold vegan milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 185ºF / 85.0ºC
- First, trim the leaves and stems from the cauliflower. Leave the center of the stem - this what holds the cauliflower steaks together. Cut cauliflower head into 1-inch thick steaks.
- Place cauliflower steaks into a bag. If more than one, add in a single layer. Sous vide at 185F degrees for 1 hour.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the cauliflower steaks from the water bath.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt. In another large bowl, combine the flour and vegan milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Carefully and evenly coat the cauliflower steak into the flour and milk batter first. Tap off excess batter. Then, dip the steak into panko mix.
- Heat a small non-stick pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to about ¼ inch high. Fry cauliflower steak in a skillet for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden.