Sous Vide Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
These Sous Vide carrots are perfect as a side dish. Our advice? Use the whole carrot — including the greens on top — for some added nutrition.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 00:45
180F / 82.2C
- 1 pound baby carrots, peeled (tops reserved for pesto)
- ¼ cup (59 ml) Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ¼ cup (59 ml) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (59 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (44 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F.
- Seal carrots in a zip or vacuum bag and cook for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- In a food processor, pulse the cheese, nuts, garlic, and carrot tops until coarsely ground. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and puree until blended and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of carrots.