Sous Vide Breakfast: Cheesy Brioche with Eggs
When a busy week has come to a close we enjoy nothing more than a leisurely breakfast on weekend mornings. While the coffee is brewing and we get caught up on the latest news and events, the eggs are gently cooking away under the precise power of our Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker.
Food. Drink. Travel. News. Founders of the International Food Blogger Conference (@IFBC) @Foodista
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 00:45
149F / 65C
- 4 large eggs
- 4 brioche buns
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 149ºF (65ºC).
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully place eggs in the water bath. Set the timer for 45 minutes.
- About 2 minutes before the eggs are done, prepare the brioche buns: With your fingers, carefully pinch out an egg-size hole from the top of each brioche.
- When the timer goes off, remove eggs from the water bath. Heat the broiler to high.
- One by one, carefully crack each egg into the hollowed out brioche rolls. Top each egg with 2 tablespoons cheddar and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Place each egg-filled brioche on a foil-lined broiler-safe baking sheet.
- Broil rolls until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Garnish with scallions. Serve.