Sous Vide Bread and Butter Pickles
As far as we’re concerned, this is the perfect bread and butter pickles recipe we've ever tried. They’re salty and sweet, and perfect for placing on sandwiches — or just for snacking. Plus, you can make them in just 15 minutes!
They’ll keep in an air-tight jar or container within the fridge for up to one month.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 00:15
180F / 82.2C
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup ultrafine sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F (82°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pickling spice. Transfer to a large zipper lock bag and add the cucumbers and onion. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique.
- Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer to an ice bath and let cool to room temperature. Serve.