Sous Vide Bone-In Ribeye Steak
Get that edge to edge perfection you've always seeked with Anova. Turn steak into something special, and wow a crowd when they sit down to dine on the best cut of beef ever. Ryan's steak was a massive one, weighing nearly 3 lbs and almost 3 inches thick. If your steak is thinner, an inch or two, feel free to cut the cook time down to 2-3 hours!
With a love of all things cooking, Ryan knows that his Anova delivers the best results of any of his kitchen tools and finds himself cranking out the best meals ever.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 05:00
- Medium rare
- 131F / 55C
- 2-3 pound Ribeye steak, approx 2.5-3" thick
- Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Canola oil for searing (or other high smoke point oil)
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 131°F / 55°C
- Season steak liberally with salt
- Place in vacuum bag or resealable ziplock bag
- Place in preheated water bath and cook for 5 hours
- When the steak is nearing the end of its cook, pre-heat a cast-iron (or another type of heavy bottomed pan) over high heat.
- Add canola (or other high smoke point oil) to pan and wait until it shimmers and just starts smoking. Place steak in pan for one minute per side.
- Remove steak from pan, and slice against the grain to reveal the most perfectly cooked steak ever!