Sous Vide Blueberry Clafoutis
This recipe is bursting with blueberry, though not overly sweet, and has an almost unnameable texture as a true clafoutis should! Flan-like with a touch of bread pudding feel, this still-fluffy flourless dessert is best served warm and would marry well with freshly made creme anglaise. Feel free to substitute other kinds of berries or cherries in this classic French dessert. So delicious!
Chef Nicole is our Content Development Chef at Anova Culinary, devoted to help making your sous vide recipe dreams come true and writing informative blog posts to aid you along the way. She attended culinary school at Ecole Ritz-Escoffier at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, France and worked as a restaurant chef in Rhode Island before becoming an award-winning international yacht chef. Chef Nicole has worked alongside Anova Culinary since our Kickstarter in 2014 and officially joined the team in November, 2016. She has a specialty private event and catering business and and enjoys teaching cooking to clients throughout the Bay Area.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 01:00
185F / 85C
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c/60 ml heavy cream
- 1/4 c/40g almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon/12g granulated sugar/granulated sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries/alternative
- Extra equipment: 4 4 oz/125 ml screw-top or hinge-closure canning jars
- Set your Anova Precision Cooker to 185ºF/85ºC
- Combine all ingredients apart from blueberries in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
- Set up your jars on a work surface and grease with cooking spray or extra oil. Divide the batter evenly among the 4 jars. Top each with 2 Tablespoons of blueberries
- Attach the lids to "fingertip tightness" - slightly loose, what you can achieve by closing the jars with just your fingertips. This will allow the air pressure inside the jars to escape while cooking, ensuring that they do not shatter in the bath
- Place the jars into the bath and set the timer for 1 hour
- Remove the jars from the bath and enjoy warm with a little extra sprinkle of sugar, sugar substitute, or creme anglaise!