Sous Vide BBQ Ribs
Juicy, tender, and fall-off-the-bone ribs without stepping outside! The ease and precision of Anova takes low and slow to a new level and delivers out of this world results.
Cole Wagoner developed a deep appreciation and high expectations for the quality of food during his years living in Portland, a city with some serious food game. When Cole met the girl of his dreams, he followed her across the country from his beloved home state of Oregon, to a small town in Alabama. The only thing missing seemed to be the glorious abundance of grub he’d previously enjoyed, which took a bit more of a drive to find in his new neck of the woods. So began Cole’s journey for the perfect kitchen tool companion to help him recreate food experiences from the comfort of his home, while snapping epic food photos along the way, and that journey has ultimately landed him in the Anova Kitchen
Prep Time: 00:30
Recipe Time: 12:00
- Fall-off-the-bone tender
- 165F / 73.9C
- 1 rack St Louis Cut Ribs or Spareribs, cut in two halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 165°F / 73.8°C
- Add all dry seasonings to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season both sides of ribs with rub.
- Add each half rack to a vacuum bag, add 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke to each bag. Seal bags.
- Place in water bath and cook 12 hours.
- Remove ribs from water bath. Place into bowl of ice water for 15 minutes.
- Remove ribs from bag, pat dry.
- Re-season ribs with rub.
- Apply thin layer of BBQ sauce to ribs.
- Place in a 300F / 149C oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven after 15 minutes and apply another layer of BBQ sauce.
- Place in oven an additional 15 minutes until ribs are sizzling.
- Remove from oven, slice into individual portions and enjoy!