Sous Vide Balsamic-Fig Jam
Most cheese lovers always have some variation of balsamic-fig jam on hand at all times. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a variety of soft and hard cheeses. Now, with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker, you can easily make your own Balsamic-Fig Jam at home - and it's absolutely delicious.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 02:00
190F / 87.8C
- 12 ounces dried mission figs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 190°F (87°C).
- Combine all the ingredients in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting. Place in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Transfer the jam to a bowl and smash any large pieces of fig with a spatula.
- Store, refrigerated, in an air-tight container for up to three weeks.