Sous Vide Bacon-Infused Bourbon
Bacon and bourbon, two of our favorite things, come together with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. We like to serve this bacon-infused bourbon like an old fashioned: with a large ice cube and an orange peel.
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin
Emily Farris and Jeff Akin are the co-founders of Feed Me Creative, a former culinary creative agency in Kansas City, MO.
Prep Time: 01:20
Recipe Time: 01:00
150F / 65.6C
- 2 cups bourbon
- 8 ounces smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat reserved from cooking
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 150°F (65°C).
- Combine all ingredients in a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 1 hour.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Strain the contents of the bag through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer bourbon to the refrigerator and chill until the pork fat solidifies on top. Skim off the fat.
- Strain the bourbon a second time through a cheesecloth-lined strainer. Transfer to a storage container and store in the refrigerator.