Sea Bass with Grilled Zucchini
This light, flavorful, and colorful dish is very easy to put together and a perfect meal for summertime!
Just a dad, looking to fuel up. Check out my culinary creations on Instagram @dadfuelbbq.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 00:30
130F / 54.4C
- 8oz sea bass filet
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup grated red cabbage
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Zest of 1 lime
- BBQ (or other) seasoning of your choice
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 130ºF / 54.4ºC
- Fire up your grill to medium high heat, approx 400-450
- Vacuum seal/ziplock your sea bass and submerge when Precision Cooker temp hits 130
- Cut zucchini into spears and liberally apply seasoning
- Combine grated red cabbage with vinegar and set aside
- Grill zucchini for as long as you prefer. I like them to still have a bit of bite to them, but sometimes getting more char and more well done is tasty too
- After 30min, remove the sea bass very carefully from the sous vide bath and packet. Dry off with paper towel and liberally apply your seasoning.
- Place sea bass skin-side up onto the grill for approx 2-3minutes (the skin might cause flare ups). We're trying to firm up the exterior of the flesh and get some color and grill marks. (a hot pan, blow torch, or even a broiler could also be used for this step)
- Strain red cabbage from vinegar and plate along with the sea bass and zucchini. sprinkle lime zest on top of the dish and feel free to add an additional squeeze of lime (or your citrus of choice).