Sous Vide Scallops with Lemon Herb Salsa Verde
Mmm, Scallops! Sea Scallops are, yet, another dish which is 100% better when cooked via Sous Vide. Perfectly tender on the inside with a slight crisp sear on the outside. I swear, you could cut these with the simple touch of your finger. 123.8 degree F bath for 30 minutes with a brief 45 second sear on each side in the Cast Iron Skillet is all it takes to reach sheer Scallop Bliss.
A twenty-something Saint Petersburg, Florida resident with a passion for cooking with Anova, learning, creating and living, period. It is my goal to shed light on the affection I have for time spent in the kitchen and to share my recipes and daily eats.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
123.8F / 51C
- 8 Sea Scallops, side muscle removed
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or butter
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Cilantro, Parsley, Chives and Basil, roughly chopped
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Small Shallot, minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 123.8°F / 51°C
- Season your scallops on both sides with salt and pepper and place in a ziplock bag in a single layer and pour in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place the Scallops into your water bath using the water immersion method.
- Sous vide for 30 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add the Ghee/butter
- Prepare your Salsa Verde. Add your chopped herbs into a bowl with the shallot, garlic and lemon juice and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes to meld and then mix in the 1/4 cup olive oil and set aside.
- When the timer goes off, remove scallops from the water bath and take them from the bag and carefully place them on a plate and pat dry.
- When the Ghee is melted, Add the Scallops, one at a time and cook for 45 seconds on each side.
- Serve with salsa verde and enjoy!