Moroccan Lamb Chops with Prunes and Honey
This is an easy, delicious recipe for Grilled Lamb Chops with authentic Moroccan seasoning.
Chef Nicole is our Content Development Chef at Anova Culinary, devoted to help making your sous vide recipe dreams come true and writing informative blog posts to aid you along the way. She attended culinary school at Ecole Ritz-Escoffier at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, France and worked as a restaurant chef in Rhode Island before becoming an award-winning international yacht chef. Chef Nicole has worked alongside Anova Culinary since our Kickstarter in 2014 and officially joined the team in November, 2016. She has a specialty private event and catering business and and enjoys teaching cooking to clients throughout the Bay Area.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 02:00
134F / 56.7C
- 2 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout spice blend
- 4 prunes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 134ºF (56.5ºC).
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Rub the lamb chops with Ras El Hanout.
- Place lamb chops in a medium zipper lock bag.
- Add the prunes and honey to the bag.
- Seal the bag using the water immersion technique.
- Place in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the lamb chops and from the bag. Reserve the prunes and cooking liquid. Pat the lamb chops dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add olive oil to the skillet and turn to coat. Add the lamb chops and sear until well-browned, about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer to a serving plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle some of the cooking liquid from the bag over the chops. Serve with prunes and your favorite side dish. Enjoy!