Halibut - Lemon Buerre Blanc Sauce
Tender and flaky halibut topped with a decadent pink hued lemon butter sauce. An easy meal that is moderately healthy, quick to make, and fun to eat . There won't be any leftovers because you will want to lick the plate clean.
career mommy | home cook | sous vide | craft cocktails | food art | plating videos
Prep Time: 00:20
Recipe Time: 00:30
131F / 55C
- 2 lbs - Wild Halibut Fillet
- 1/2 tsp - Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsps - Red Onion, finely minced
- 1 cup - Dry White Wine or Champagne
- 1/4 cup - Lemon Juice
- 1 and 1/2 sticks - Butter, cold and cubed
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 55ºC / 131.0ºF
- Pat dry the halibut fillet and season with 1/4 tsp Kosher salt. Place into a plastic bag.
- Drop the plastic bag of fish into the water bath when optimal temperature has reached 55C / 131F. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove from bag and remove excess liquid produced during cooking. Cut into individual fillets. Serve on a plate.
Finishing Steps - Lemon Buerre Blanc Sauce
- Heat a small sauce pan on high heat, add red onion, white wine, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the sauce, stirring occasionally until the volume has reduced to about 1/8 cup.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in butter, one cube at a time. As the butter melts, the sauce should thicken and look smooth with a pale pink hue.
- Season with 1/4 tsp salt. Keep warm and whisk occasionally until ready to serve.
- Spoon sauce over the top of the halibut fillets. Ready to serve.