Keto Asian Pork Belly
This Asian pork belly recipe has a ton of flavor in the marinade. I save the bagged juices when finished cooking and make a sweet and sour reduction to serve with the crispy pork. It is also very Keto friendly!
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 09:00
170F / 76.7C
- 2 pounds skinless pork belly
- Marinade ingredients:
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp xylitol or sugar substitute
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1” knob ginger minced
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice or the following spices:
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp anise seed
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- A pinch of ground cloves
- Reduction sauce ingredients:
- Reserved bag juice from cooked pork belly
- Tamari sauce or soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sugar substitute
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh pepper
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 170ºF / 76.7ºC
- In a mixing bowl add all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in the spice ingredients too.
- Place pork belly into Foodsaver bag and pour in mixture.
Seal on moist setting, Massage the bag to distribute the marinade.
Refrigerate over night
- Preheat sous vide to 170 and cook pork belly for 9 hours
Making the Reduction Sauce
- When finished cooking, you can plunge the warm bag into ice water to cool down, refrigerate and finish within 1-2 days or continue on to the finishing stage.
- Save all the flavorful bagged juices for the reduction.
- Pour the reserved bag juices in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Doctor up the sauce; add a splash of rice wine vinegar, tamari, 1 tsp sugar substitute, 1 tsp of sesame seeds and fresh pepper, all to taste.
- This is what the pork belly looks like before the glaze & broil.
- Place the pork belly fat side up and brush or baste the glaze sauce over surface.
Broil until brown and crispy looking.
- 170 degrees for 9 hours left this pork belly very juicy and perfectly cooked.